Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Monday, July 31, 2006

You Know

I am really beginning to hate the words, "you know." People use this term in everyday conversation and it really drives me crazy. For example (and no, Honey, I'm not picking on you, yours is the only one I can remember right now), my husband was trying to tell me something last night and between the "um's" and "you know's" he wasn't saying a damn thing.

"I saw this thing, you know, on TV about, um, a woman, talking about the, um, oil companies and, you know, the gas hikes."

NO, I don't know, and if I did you wouldn't need to tell me about it, would you? It's not just my husband, society on a whole seems to think sentences are enhanced by these useless little nuggets. They do not help your story and in all honesty, after the second "you know" I've stopped listening to whatever it is you're trying to say. And yes, I am guilty of this myself, but I try my best to keep it to a minimum.

If you can't put your thoughts in order enough to convey an idea than just keep your mouth shut. This is why I prefer writing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home