Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Friday, July 21, 2006

It's Gettin' Hot in Here (uh-huh) So Take Off All Your Clothes

We survived! Someone up there must still like me because not only did my house, car, and neighborhood receive little damage, my sister and I never lost any power. My sister lives six blocks from me. On her street she and one other house had electricity while everyone else was out. My little cul-de-sac had power and no one else. We are so extremely lucky and thankful. We also found that Beo does not like storms in the slightest and can hold off going to the bathroom for a looooooong time.

Kitty just hid somewhere until it was time to eat.

Yesterday was unbearable for many reasons. We could not find a gas station or grocery store near us that was open. None of the traffic lights work and if you live in St. Louis you know many people don't know how to use a 4-way stop. We saw adults, children, and the handicapped sitting outside under trees because it was cooler than their brick oven houses. The people in wheelchairs got to me, especially this one old lady sucking on an oxygen mask. Then there were the sirens. They went on all day long. It was very hot and I know some of those ambulances carried people who aren't going to come back home.

We do have a tree that needs to be cut down. A huge branch fell off and landed on my car, but the end of the branch landed on it and not the beginning. I can deal with leaves and twigs. A big foot and a half block of wood would have broken some things.

I hope all of you who had to go through this survived with minimal damage. My job never lost power but a good 70% of my fellow employees are looking (and smelling) a little rough.

1 Comments:

Blogger DarthImmortal said...

WOW! You are so lucky no one got hurt by that tree and that your car was not smashed.

You are very correct in that no one in St. Louis knows how to drive at a lights-out (four-way) stop. People in St. Louis drive like they own the whole friggin road.

BTW: The dog pictures are very cute. :)

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home