Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Monday, October 16, 2006

Freaking Monday

Why do only the MORONS drive to work on rainy Mondays? I must have met 47 of them on my way to work this morning. It's rain, people, not acid. Step on the fucking gas.

I love my mother. But, I'm a bit disturbed by my mother's attitude over her recent cruise. She didn't seem to have as much fun on this one as she did before. I know this because those were her exact words. She had a good time, but, "It wasn't like the first time," she said.

Well, nothing is. Whether it's eating chocolate, going on a trip, visiting an amusement park, or even sex, it will never be the same after the first time. That's why we always remember our first times....because they were first. So, expecting something to be just like the first time is setting yourself up for disappointment before you even step foot on the boat.

She also did not play Bingo. If you'll remember, last cruise my mom won $600. But, hey, if you don't play, you don't win. Coupled with the fact that the comedian and cruise director were the EXACT SAME ONES she had before also made things a little less enjoyable.

All together now, "Awwwwww."

Here's what I think. You were away from work in a relaxing atmosphere where people were paid to kiss your ass. You were with good friends and the man you love. You got to eat whatever your heart desired and watch spectacular shows for free. You saw the beauty of the ocean and visited a country you've never been to before. For that entire week you were taken care of and free to do anything your heart desired. So stop it with the "buts."

Last week the rest of us went to work, slugged through traffic, dealt with the weather, dealt with the idiots, paid bills, washed clothes, cleaned house, ate horribly, sat in front of the TV too long, and pretty much just tried to survive.

I plan on going on another cruise within the next year or so. Unless the boat catches on fire or hits an iceberg and sinks I am going to have a wonderful time. Why? Because I won't be here.

Tha...tha...tha...that's all, folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home