Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Ooooooh, You Ugly, You Ugly, Your Mama Say You Fugly!

I have a friend going through a tough time right now. It's her story so I won't tell it, but it involves her man. Naturally this makes me think about my man. (Warning: sappy love stuff).

I get frustrated with my husband's video games. They have made me angry, sad, lonely, and feeling left out. I've cried over them, I'm not ashamed to say, and they have caused more than one uncomfortable moment for me and my husband. At one time I entertained the thought of life without either of them (but only for a minute).

But that just won't do. See, my man treats me so well in every other way. He respects me, he never raises his voice or hands to me. He doesn't talk bad about me behind my back. In fact, if someone else were speaking badly about me Hubby would be the first to straighten them out (or come home and tell me and I'll straighten them out). He cares for my well-being. If I've had a long, hard day he does his best to make sure the rest of my evening is pleasant. He buys me presents, cooks me dinner, and makes me laugh. He shares his life with me and I can share mine with him. He loves my friends and family. He would never do anything to intentionally hurt me, and he doesn't lie to me, either.

I could go on and on, but the point is it's worth putting up with his video games because in every other facet of our life my husband is the best. He loves me, and with that love comes honor, respect, and fidelity. Sometimes I think I don't deserve him (only sometimes). I had to learn that in a relationship there is compromise. I put up with my husband's games because I know they make him happy and give him an outlet. I don't understand it, but hey, it's his outlet. Lord knows he puts up with a lot from me.

I hate that my friend is going through a hard time and I am helpless to do anything (well, anything that doesn't involve a very deep grave and a chainsaw). She's a good woman and mother and she doesn't deserve this. It's killing me to sit on the sidelines and keep my mouth in check, but it's her game and I am just a spectator. So here's a cheer for ya, girlfriend:

Ra Ra Ree, Kick Him in the Knee
Ra Ra Ruts, Kick him in the...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home