Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Monday, May 14, 2007

The Language of Love

Those of you who have been with your significant other for a long time know how that person acts, speaks, and thinks. Oh, not all the time, but you get the idea.

This last Saturday night my husband could not sleep. he woke at 3AM and proceeded to watch three horrible movies before I woke at 9. He wasn't sick, he wasn't stressed, and he didn't have any major clients to brood over. I start to prepare for the day when he comes into the bedroom, lays down on the bed, and says, "I have some good news and some bad news."

Shit. Honey can't sleep, hasn't slept well for a while, and now he's essentially said, "We need to talk." Has he lost his job? Are we being relocated? Is there an issue with the house? Oh God, is he getting ready to dump me?

He says, "I've been made some big poo-bah in my stupid little game and this means I will spend more time in La-la Land, thus more time ignoring you." (Ok, I'm paraphrasing.)

THAT'S it? That's the news? That has absolutely nothing to do with my life. It isn't good or bad news to me, it's ridiculous. Oh, it's bad in the fact that my husband has immersed himself more and more into this stupid game, but it doesn't have a damn thing to do with REAL life. The ten years he scared off my life weren't worth it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matto the Hun said...

While i can mostly see what you're saying wiht this, so far as it's not as earth shattering as it sounded like it would be... i think he thought it important to tell you cause he knows how much it bugs you.

See, that's how much he cares, he could have just NOT said anything and you might have thought he was going back to ignoring you. but NOW you know certain circumstances came up comppelling him to be more involved in his stupid little game for a time.

Plus, he might have also been scoping you out since he was excited to get this pooh-bah thing and wanted to see how much more laytime he might get away with. I'm just speculatin' on that point.

Plus, look at the bright side, still has job, no cancer, still hearts you, still alive. Good news for everybody

4:25 PM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

Thanks, babe, I'm sure hubby appreciates the support. I'm very happy that these are my problems.

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home