Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Marijuana, anyone?

I had an appointment with the Gyno today. This is what I don’t get. He sees things only my husband is privy to, but he’ll get embarrassed if he comes into the exam room while I’m still getting undressed. Hello? The little paper dress you give me doesn’t hide very much. I know what you’re getting ready to do, why does the sight of my naked ass surprise you?

Let’s talk about pot.
Marijuana. Mary Jane. Weed. Dope. Wacky tobaccy. Little Buddha. Herb. Smoke. Medicine.
Medicine?
YES, medicine.

Let me tell you a little story. I have ulcerative colitis. When the symptoms first showed up, it took a while for my doctor to figure outwhat was going on. Until he did, there would be days and nights I’d be in excruciating pain praying for death. I’d swear my internal organs were hardening and coming out sideways. If you had told me sticking a sea cucumber up my ass eased the pain, I’d have done it. I was afraid to eat because everything seemed to burn coming out. I lost weight, I lost sleep, and I started thinking about death in a very serious way.

How I would never be able to function as a normal person again? My entertainment would hinge on the closest toilet. Dating? How would I do that? I could fart in my apartment in the morning and it would make my eyes water when I got home that afternoon. I looked at other women my age laughing and behaving normally and I hated them. I cried.

Three months later I was finally diagnosed and put on medication. It took a few weeks for those to kick in, but from then on I’ve had a pretty normal life. That was three months, and I got better. If my doctor said I could, I would have smoked a pound of weed a day and wouldn’t have felt a damn bit bad about it.

People on medical marijuana are dying. Their pain will end when their life does. There is no more hope.

When someone suffers from a disease, the pain becomes everything. People lose appetites, they lose sleep, and they become slaves. Not only to the pain, but to anything that takes the pain away. If nothing works, and they have no hope, thoughts of suicide creep in. Life isn’t worth living. Imagine suffering from a terminal illness and being given a miracle drug that not only takes away the pain, but also increases the appetite and makes one feel normal again. This drug is cheap, plentiful, and easy to get. You know you’re going to die, but at least now the process won’t be so agonizing.

Now imagine that drug being taken away because some old, narcissistic dinosaurs from the 1950’s can’t get over their upbringing that drugs are baaaaad.

Despite all of the scientific data, despite the medical proof, despite the many examples of good that marijuana has done as a medicine, this bunch of back-pocket fucks can’t see past their own out-dated beliefs. They still think Reefer Madness was a documentary. They think that once you smoke pot you turn into a raving lunatic that murders, rapes, and destroys without prejudice.

C’mon, assholes, that’s meth.

Ten states have legalized medicinal marijuana. What does that mean? That the lower legislators know what their doing. People who live in the real world and not some pampered political utopia are paying attention to the facts. It means people actually care about ending other's suffering, not looking good in front of the current administration. They are making laws that make sense.
Dear God, we can’t have any of THAT.

Ten years from now (I would hope 3 1/2, but if a republican gets in the White House again in 2008, we’re screwed), I would hope that we can look back at this dark time and say “What a bunch of dumbasses.” Alcohol is a lot more dangerous than pot, but you don’t see it being banned, do ya? I think they tried to do that once before, didn’t they, and that only helped the Mob. Outlawing medicinal marijuana is only helping the drug dealers.

In this world, in this NATION, medical marijuana is the least of our problems. It’s too damn bad that those in power are too fucking stupid to understand it.

**I just read that those who have medical pot don't have to fear prosecution. So, the federal govornment instated a law that they don't intend to enforce...yep, that sounds about right. This country is so messed up.**

2 Comments:

Blogger Zee said...

Yeah, this blows my mind. I wrote about this yesterday. I found a site from the DEA that is essentially using scare tactics to force the idea that pot is the most dangerous drug out there. Uh, Hello? More people die of alcohol poisoning and emphysyema every day than marijuana. Why don't we focus on the real issues out there and leave the poor people who are using marijuana for pain alone. In my mind, medicinal marijuana is no different than morphine or any other serious pain killer.

Oh yeah, if they focus on real issues they might actually have to make important decisions

12:23 PM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

Mmmm, brownies. I mean, ah, don't know what you're talking about.

Today Bush is trying to push through the changes to the Patriot Act. If only someone would blow smoke in his ear.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home