Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I need your help.

I have mixed emotions about this.

On one hand I understand why the movie was made. We as humans want answers to everything, even questions that don't have true answers. We are obsessed with understanding every facet of a problem or disaster, we want to know WHY. We want it picked apart and explained to us in ways that make it okay to accept it.

On the other hand I feel Hollywood is dragging the dead bodies of those that died in the World Trade Towers and selling peeks, just like a side show. How painful this must be for the thousands of people still trying to pick up and live after such a tragic event. Why don't the Hollywood assholes that approved this thing just take knives and stab every survivor in the eye. Why don't they just slap around the widows and widowers and get it over with.

There have been some pretty painful events in my own life and the last thing I would want is a 2+ hour movie showing it over and over and over again. However, I have revisited a place where something tragic took place and I felt better for it. Leaving the past behind is a lot easier to do when you realize the past doesn't hang around the last place you saw it. Buildings are just buildings, grass is just grass. So I don't know how to feel about this.

What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home