Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Let's talk about...

Stupidity.

It is 95 degrees right now with a heat index of about 104. It's hot. Crotch sweating, hair chopping, wanna-roll-in-ice hot. I had to walk the equivalent of two small blocks to get to the cafeteria today and halfway through I decided I didn't need to eat that badly. I manage to make it in and got my little fruit cup. I'm heading back out and what do I see?

A big fat man wearing a jean jacket.

Oh yeah, right out of the 80's complete with metal buttons and all. Underneath was a maroon button down shirt that was buttoned all the way to the collar. I'm not trying to be mean by saying this guy was fat, he was just fat. Fat people don't like heat. But this fat man was wearing button plated armor over a thick jean jacket. Why?

I can understand doing something a little weird in order to garner attention or to set yourself apart from your fellow man, but that was just stupid. Fat button man can have a stroke today before he even reaches his building. Fat button man is going to turn into fat, sweaty, stinky button man in two minutes flat. Who wants to work near that?

I can't imagine anyone being so self-conscious that they would purposefully cover up on a day like today just so no one sees their fat rolls. Look around, there are lots of people showing their fat rolls today. If I wouldn't get fired I'd just go naked.

I just don't get it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

EVERYDAY
I wear a hoody to work. during work. and on my way home. AND sometimes, in my own house.

I don't like air touching my skin.
When it's not BLAZING hot out, I wear a fleece.
almost 100% of my skin is covered - almost 100% of the time.

It just is what it is.
Maybe this guy has a skin "issue" too.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

How can you stand it? Not the air, the heat? Doesn't sweat drip down the valley of your breasts and you butt crack?

9:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ummm... no.
I am usually only outdoors at a transition between car or work or home.

and, I can try to go sleeveless... but the air hitting my skin... makes me feel cold. Feeling cold makes me a little bit mad.
I have a high heat tolerance... but a VERY LOW cold tolerance.

Sometimes, in my office, I will take off my jacket... then five min. later, I will be like "SHIT, I am COLD!" so, I put it back on.

Very heavy people often have issues with their circulation... that could be why it wasn't bothering him.
I don't know.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

Oh. See, I am the opposite. I am hot all the time, so when hot weather comes around I'm miserable. I love the cold. I love being cold. I like shivering and having my teeth chatter. With the heat I just can't get naked enough.

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home