Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Thursday, October 19, 2006

I am the destruction Diva, thank you very much.

Tuesday morning when I came into my office and turned on the light I heard a, "Zzzzzzt, POP!" Then the whole left side of my building went dark.

Great.

Two of my professors come running out of their offices, "What did you do?"

"I turned on my light."

"You turned on your light? That's it?"

"Yes, my plan to totally ruin your day went a lot easier than I thought it would."

Some of the labs also went dark, creating a chorus of shrill beeps that put most of the grad students in a panic. The maintenance guys were there in a flash (they should be, seeing as they hang out in our lounge all day doing nothing). They replaced the bust bulbs and a breaker before finding out that something else blew up and they'd have to fix that, too. It took about 30 minutes to restore power. All was well.

I did not come to work yesterday. I came in this morning to find two candles and a book of matches taped to my door. I don't know who did it but I have my suspicions. Don't blame me when the building catches fire...

3 Comments:

Blogger Issy said...

You and your super human capabilities! Who knew? Maybe the candles and matches were because everyone fears you! Use the power wisely. . .

11:14 AM  
Blogger Chief Scientist said...

Actually, there is some science to this. Some people have an electromagnetic field that makes all kinds of stuff go kerplooey. Please see this definitive work, The Science of Freak Magnets.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Issy said...

Cash is right! You are magnetizing! I knew I liked you for a reason!

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home