Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Compute This

My husband knows more about computers than I do. I'm willing to admit this. He works on computer stuff more than I do, he learned more about computers than I ever did, and he keeps up to date with the newest computer crap whereas I do not. If I am having a problem I can go to him and 9 times out of 10 he will be able to clear it up for me.

This does not mean that when it comes to computers I am stupid. I know a lot about them. He just happens to know more. I am capable of getting my way around a computer just fine, and when it comes to certain things I know just as much about it as hubby.

That's why it frustrates me to no end that my husband treats me like a child when it comes to computers. I hate it. Last night I wanted to show him something. To me it was a lot easier to show him then to tell him, so I attempted to do just that. I hit a big brick wall.

"Why?" he asked. "Why should I do that?"
He gets this look in his eye, that pity/humor/annoyance look that means, "I'm only listening to you to humor you, but this is totally a waste of my time." Ladies, you know the one. He gets this look and absolutely refuses to cooperate with me.

If I were that fucking stupid I wouldn't be able to hold down my job. I'm on computers EVERYDAY. Seeing as I do all of the birthday, anniversary, and Christmas shopping in this house I know a hell of a lot more about Internet buying than Hubby. The things I know could make Hubby's life a little bit easier, but because of his machismo idea of superiority he refuses to listen.

So fine, fuck him. See if I offer him any help again. And if I need help I'll spend days looking it up before I ask him. I don't want to stroke his over-inflated computer ego.

2 Comments:

Blogger DarthImmortal said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:17 PM  
Blogger DarthImmortal said...

What a difference a day makes, right?

Married people are the only ones who know what it feels like to be miserable and happy at the same time.

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home