Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Friday, June 10, 2005

Is Today Monday?

I slept like crap last night. My throat was on fire. You know, the dry, itchy, swallow a hundred times kind of throat. I woke up all night to spray Cloriceptic (sp) in my mouth and try to get back to sleep. My alarm clock nearly got hurled across the room this morning. So I'm trying to iron my skirt for work when the plug for the iron gets stuck in a spare stereo that mysteriously manifested on top of it. I think to myself, "It's going to be one of those days."

Boy, did I screw myself.

On the way to work, one of those crazy bitches who can't stay in her own lane hit me this morning. The only damage incurred was to her side-view mirror. She was pretty pissed that I didn't stop right away, but the road we were on had no shoulder and was right next to a big, deep trench. That, and in the morning rush hour we would have been dead the minute we got out of our cars. So I finally pull over and the first thing out of her mouth is, "You have insurance, right?"

No, really, I'm fine. Thanks for asking.

So she looks at her crooked mirror and says, "I don't think it will be too expensive to fix." I reach over and snap it back into place. It was a break away mirror. What do I get for my troubles?

The infamous "Oh." No cops were called, no vital information was exchanged, no fists smacked into flesh. Now I'm about 10 minutes late getting to work.

I'm suffering from hellatious allergies, so I go to our local chain of grocery stores and peruse the drug aisle. I want something for watery eyes, itchy, dry throat, running nose, headache, sneezing, irritation, impatience, boredom, and bitchyness, got something for that? I finally find the right drugs and am checking myself out when the computer goes beserk and erases everything. I have to wait for it to be re-set by the slowest creature in existence. I finally get done and go out to my car. Now I'm twenty minutes late for work.

Since I'm already late, why don't I just stop by and get some bagels for work. You know, get on the good side of my supervisor for being late to begin with. Nothing went wrong in the bagel store and I'm back on the road...only to find that it's closed because a water line has broken and the street is flooded. I have to go the long way.

I am now forty minutes late for work. I get on campus and wind my way through the construction only to find that a small blue car is having a conversation with a big red truck, right in the middle of the street. I would have thrown my bagels at him, but I needed the bribe. I squeeze into a parking space in the boon-docks, between two people who can't park between the lines and finally, FINALLY get to work. An hour late.

So far, the day's only gotten better. One of my bosses is taking me out for sushi. We're walking just to be on the safe side.

On a good note, a friend of mine here at work (girl) is dating a friend of mine not from work (guy). He sent me the cutest necklace with a skull on it. He's into ceramics and does great work. I collect skulls, and this is just the cutest thing. Now I just need to remember to send him a thank you.

4 Comments:

Blogger frangelico77 said...

hey, my day is going so much better then yours so far. Now watch it, lots of bads things will start to happen to me to. Hope your weekend is good at least. I have had days like that where everything goes wrong, and it just seems like it's one thing after another. then my mom tells me that's just life, course that isn't what I want to hear.

12:47 PM  
Blogger frangelico77 said...

hey and i still want to know when your birthday is!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

Oct. 7th

2:51 PM  
Blogger Pecheur said...

What a day for ya!! Well its the dad burn weekend. go and enjoy it

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home