Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

2006 - Ruined Already

This year has been pretty shitty so far. Car trouble, money trouble, family issues; you name it, we've had it. It's not even February yet.

February is probably the most depressing month of the year for me. See, my husband is one of those men who refuses to acknowledge Valentine's Day. "It's a Hallmark Holiday" has been tattooed on his forehead. So February 14th is just another day to me. That doesn't stop me from noticing all the cute and romantic things happening around me.

I'm not jealous because my husband treats me like a Queen throughout the whole year. It's more that I feel left out - like the star athlete who breaks his arm the day before the biggest game of the season. I'm still the star, but I'm stuck on the bench.

Then Hubby's birthday is on the 21st and I've been TOLD that I'm not to get him anything. Hubby is the most important person in my life, yet I'm to ignore him on his birthday. Just say, "Happy Birthday" and leave it at that? I wasn't raised that way. Birthday's are big deals and not celebrating one is reserved for people I hate. But if I do celebrate it, then I have to put up with his bitching because he didn't get his way. EVERYBODY - don't send a card, don't call, don't write, and whatever you do, don't send a gift. That should make him happy.

Y'know, I'm not even going to say "Happy Birthday." I won't mention it's the day of his birth at all. In fact, I probably won't even come home. If he wants to ignore it that badly I'll stay in a hotel so he can wallow in his non-birthday celebrating bliss. It's just another cold, bleak, depressing day in St. Louis.

I hate February.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home