Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

For the Record

Just for the record, I have Ulcerative Colitis. I have had it for the last 10 years. It is not Crohn's, it is not IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) it is Ulcerative Colitis. You do not need to try and tell me what Colitis is. I'm the one who's experienced the pain, the blood, the sleepless nights, the wanting to die, and all the nasty, nasty side effects of having such a disease. I'm the one who has had 6, count them, 6 colonoscopies in the last 10 years. The novelty of a colonoscopy wore off a long time ago. I'm the one who has to answer 101 questions about my disease every time I visit a doctor, ANY doctor. I'm the one who lives with this each and every day, each time I eat or drink something new, and every time I get a pain in my abdomen.

Trust me, when someone says the word "colitis" I know very well what that is.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matto the Hun said...

So are people trying to tell you what you have as if you don't know? I hate when people do that. Its freakishly irritating.

I wish I could find some doctors that could tell me what I can do with my problem... mind you I am NOT offering a trade ;)

9:42 PM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

No, you and I are up the same shit creek - HA HA HA! Anyway, I think it was PMS again, but I did get irritated.

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home