Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Creatures of Habit, or Slaves?

I picked up my new glasses this Saturday. Usually when I wear glasses they are sun glasses. Getting used to these has been interesting. I really need to find a pair of clip on sunglasses because going out in the sun is choresom.

When I walked across campus to get my lunch today my eyes started watering so bad I have salt trails on my cheeks, leaving me to stagger around in the sunlight. Then, when I finally make it into the cool sweetness of dark, I shifted my glasses to the top of my head. It's what I do with my sunglasses, only doing so with my sunglasses does not leave me blind. The nose peice got tangle in my hair and I ended up ripping about 7 of them out. So now I'm fumbling, crying, and cursing my hair to high heaven. And I still get to look forward to the journey back to my office.

Wouldn't you know it, when I got back to my building I did the same exact thing! What is wrong with me? By the end of the day I'm going to have a frontal bald spot and burned retinas.

I have to say, though, that these are some pretty snazzy glasses.

2 Comments:

Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

Well, yeah! Rizzo's is a pretty nice place to go. It's near HWY 270/55 and Lindbergh. I can give you better directions if you wish. Anywhere, and I mean ANYWHERE on the Hill will be good. You can spend as much or as little money as you want there.

Check out:
http://www.italystl.com/rest/rest.htm

http://www.restaurantrow.com/MoreInfo.cfm?Code=825682

3:52 PM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

Oops...a little reading problem there.

We just got back from lunch at India's Rosai in the Central West End. It's quite cozy and the food is good, they also have a buffet.
http://www.rasoi.com/

Go here for a better list.
http://www.hughchou.org/hugh/hugh_eats.html

I'm not a big Indian fan (spices) so I can't vouch for any other place. Hope this helps.

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home