Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Friday, August 11, 2006

2006 Claims Another Victim

My best friend Alissa lives on 15 acres of land. On this land she lives with her boyfriend (in their house), with her mother- and father-in-law (in their own house), with her brother-in-law, S, and his wife, B. S & B have just completed their dream home not too far away from the farm. They had been living with the parents up until then.

Yesterday afternoon S lay down to take a nap and never woke up. The whole family is devastated. Alissa's boyfriend lost his other brother about 12 years ago. S was only 27. My heart goes out to all of them. I can't imagine what kind of pain they are experiencing.

I feel so helpless and useless. I am not that close with the family and some of you know how I feel about M, Alissa's boyfriend. However, my heart goes out to him. He and his family don't deserve this. They are nice people and were such a close family.

Alissa is strong and will help them get through this. They will get through it, they are salt-of-the-earth people. S was a good man, he will be missed.

4 Comments:

Blogger Issy said...

Don't ever say you're useless. You have been with me through thick and thin. You have been my backbone when I had nobody there to support me. You have listened to me bitch, laugh, complain, cry and analyze the shit out of things just to try to make heads or tails of things. Both of us don't need to be upset and sad. I need you to be possitive for me because right now, between my mom being gone and S being gone, I need every ounce of possitive reinforcement in my corner or else I will be useless to M and his and my family. Thanks for being there. I love you.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

I love you, too.

1:36 PM  
Blogger DarthImmortal said...

My thoughts are with you are your friends.

2:21 AM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

Thanks, I appreciate that.

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home