Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Code Red! Code Red!

Already this morning I have heard two people say they are not going to fly anywhere ever again and read that stocks in airlines are starting to fall all due to the 21 people arrested in Great Britain with liquid explosives. If you haven't heard anything about this, turn on any news channel or go to any news web site.

Lets get two things straight: 1) the planes were in Great Britain. Flying around in the US is just as safe/unsafe today as it was three weeks ago. These terrorists were not here, get it? They were over there. So staying away from airports in the US is just plain stupid. I could understand if the people carrying the bombs left from here, BUT THEY DIDN'T. So get a grip. 2) They were stopped, okay, so the chance of anything going boom anytime soon is diminished. It doesn't make sense to lose confidence in the airline systems when clearly, CLEARLY, something worked or the plot would not have been discovered. It was foiled, people, foiled. Oh yeah, they will try again, but I seriously doubt it will be today.

America - the land of jumping to conclusions.

2 Comments:

Blogger Issy said...

I agree. I purposely came in to work late so that I could hear the news update that Homeland Security was giving. They said multiple times that they had checked and would continue to check all airports in the U.S. to make sure that similar action wasn't taking place in our country. So far they said that wasn't the case here.

They did say that all international flights were on red alert and all domestic flights were on orange alert. I will still fly if I need to. It just bugs me that someone has to ruin it for all of us. What's friggin next?

10:05 AM  
Blogger DarthImmortal said...

We are flying east this October to stay at the Lizzie Borden B&B and to see Salem, MS in the fall. I hope all of this stuff calms down a little by then.

2:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home