Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Monday, October 23, 2006

What A Wonderful Weekend

This Saturday Alissa, her son A, my nephew B-Butt, and his Dad, M, went to Eckert's Farm to pick apples. I have never done this before and was really looking forward to it. It was a beautiful day! The sun was shining and the wind was cool but not too heavy. I didn't think we'd get to do it at first. There was an incredibly long line of people waiting for the tractors. One of the workers finally let us know that the line was for pumpkin pickers, that line was apples. That line was wayyyyy shorter.

We were driven out into the orchards and let loose. I only tripped over five or six apples. I didn't know they'd be laying on the ground like that. I don't know what I expected, maybe that all the apples would still be on the tree? I don't know, but it was fun. I filled my bag halfway and ate one small one while waiting for the tractor back. Both the boys were really good, A is 3 while B-Butt is almost 7. After coming back we hit the pumpkins. I love pumpkins. They're so round and...orange. I told B-Butt I would buy him one so sure enough he goes and finds the biggest one he can carry. We said good-bye with hugs and kisses.

Alissa and I dropped off her son then proceeded to my house for drinks and getting ready. We painted a few things for Christmas while gabbing and relaxing with a few nice, cold drinks. Then we dolled ourselves up and went on the town. There is a place here called Boogaloo's. It's Cuban. The food is excellent! The drinks aren't half bad, either. At the bar instead of having bar stools they have swings. We swung, ate, and talked until about 6:30. Then we decided to hit the city.

Strange thing about getting older. Time seems to change on ya. We got to this bar and found we were the only two people in it. The DJ for the evening was just starting to set up his equipment.
"Where is everyone, " we asked. The bartender looked at her watch and said, "It's only 7." Duh. We each had one beer and then decided to go back to my house. It was time to go to a haunted house.

We convinced my husband to drive as we were planning on drinking a lot more. We decided to go to Silo X, the fun house advertised as 4 houses in 1. The price is $20.
Here is my review:
For the price of admission for two people at Silo X onc can go to Johnnie Brocks, rent a fog machine, fill their house with fog, then try to find their way in and out of said house four times, then return the machine and go about their merry way.

Of the four haunts, only two could be experienced. The other two were so foggy that nothing could be seen. We had to feel for the walls and, when a wall was not present, trip and fall over the unseen props until we crashed through a wall or found the way out. Coupled with this was a smoker bound and determined to smoke his fucking cigarettes no matter how many times he was warned he could burn the place down. Apparently fog can be flammable. With this jerk behind us I was scared all right, but not from the haunts. I was jammed into a building, blind, chocking on fog fumes, with a suicidal asshole nipping at my heels. Instead of enjoying the atmosphere I was searching for escape routes should the place burst into flames.

The only cool thing was the dragon at the end. You entered through the mouth, made your way through it's digestive track, then came out the butt. It was cute, had I not been woozy from the fog juice or planning ways to kill the guy behind us I may have enjoyed it. Save your money, folks. Go visit the Darkness or one of the other haunted houses.

Back at the house we watched a horribly bad movie called Haunted Prison. Alissa fell asleep half way through. I shortly joined her. The next morning she left and it was sleep, eat, watch football, sleep some more day. My sister called to say B-Butt was protecting his pumpkin like the German's protected the Wall. No one can touch Mr. Pumpkin without B-Butt's permission. What is he going to do when they carve it?

All in all a very relaxing time. Now it's back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home