Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Memories

Do you ever catch a certain smell or taste something that takes you back to a memory? I made a wonderful sandwich today out of a baggette (hard hoagie roll). When I took a bite I was immediately transported back to Germany. I was a young girl, I think 7th grade, and my sister was in High School. The whole school was going on a trip to some historical German city. We would be gone all day, thus we would need money for lunch.

My mother, being the authority on everything, gave my sister the money we would need to eat lunch. I guess I was just too darn stupid and untrustworthy to hold onto $5 for a whole day. Anyway, once we reached our destination my loving, responsible sister promptly disappeared...with the money. I didn't see her for the rest of the day, so when lunch rolled around I had maybe $.12 to my name.

Someone took pity on me and bought me a sandwich. It was on a baggette, and it was one of the best sandwiches I have ever tasted. I had completely forgotten about it until today. I guess the combo of roast beef, cheese, and roll was just right.

(When I finally found my sister I yelled at her for leaving me. I never got to yell, so I took full advantage of the situation. When we got home I got in trouble for yelling at and embarrassing my sister. She did not get in trouble for leaving me penniless.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Issy said...

I love memories like that! I had a recap of a memorie a week ago and it was so short and brief that I've forgotten it already!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Matto the Hun said...

You should call up your sister and yell at her again, for what she did AND for not getting yelled at.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

Bygones, babe. Bygones.

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home