Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Regrets

I know we all have regrets about some of the things we've done in life, but have you ever regretted something you didn't do?

I was talking to a co-worker of mine today and she asked me if I liked the Three Stooges. My answer, "I hate the Three Stooges."

Many years ago when my sister and I still lived at home she was dating this bastard I'll call Dickhead. Dickhead was a very manipulative, egotistical, and controlling bastard with a liking for abuse. In our old house my sister and I shared the top floor, our rooms were divided by a thin curtain. When Dickhead slept over (which was often), he'd stay up till all hours watching the Three Stooges with the TV turned up as loud as he wanted. I could not sleep with that crap on and I asked not only Dickhead but my sister to turn that shit off. I was ignored. I went to my mother, but as always she was on his side. "Lay still," was her answer. Yeah, because laying still would make the noise go away....

I had a hammer in my room and I have always regretted not putting that hammer right through that TV. I wanted to night after night, just walk in there and BAM, no more TV, but I knew my mother would have a conniption. (In her eyes Dickhead walked on water and anyone who made him unhappy immediately became an enemy of hers.) I moved out of that house as soon as I could and I haven't seen or heard one Stooge since.

I think that's why I'm so outspoken these days. When I see someone who behaves just like Dickhead I know what kind of person they are. It takes something drastic, like a hammer through a TV, to get their attention. That's why I prefer to stay away from them. This I don't regret.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home