Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Friday, November 09, 2007

I Got Wood!


My wood arrived yesterday, I'm very excited. Here are the drawings of what I want to do.

This first one is called Dr. Suess (thanks, hubby). You can see what I mean about needing a thin wire. Those coils will be soldered to each other to keep the piece stable, but I need it to be strong enough to hold it's shape and handle wear and tear.


The second one is called Seahorse and I drew this recently. Again, I need to find the perfect metal but that's only after I carve out the wooden pieces.



Hubby has a saw that will cut out most of the shape, but I'm going to spend a lot of time sanding, sanding, and sanding. This is going to be such a great experience. I'll keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home