Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Monday, October 06, 2008

Fan-tabulous Weekend

I had such a great weekend! Friday night me and the girls of ARRG put on three derby demos at Oktoberfest. The track was half the size of a regular track, so cute! The barriers were made of hay, when we knocked each other into the bales the crowd freaking loved it. It was a bit rough to skate on, it was slightly downhill and there was an oil spot right in the middle of it. But it was so much fun and the crowd loved us! When we skated Oktoberfest pretty much came to a halt. Chokehold Chanel got a nasty hay-burn on her butt, ooooooo. That's gonna leave a mark.

Then we got to play! Thanks to Bud we roller girls got to drink for free and eat free brats. Yummy, sooo good. Unfortunately they also had an adult sized air-filled bouncy thing. My wife Doom ended up kicking me in the nose. Ouch! It's still a bit sore but luckily it didn't bruise.

Sat. night my derby wives took me out for my birthday. We ended up at CBGBs on Grand where I got to see a lot of friends I haven't really seen since I joined derby. It was a lot of fun catching back up with them. Buns and I went to breakfast afterwards and I make a land speed record of enhaling a chicken fried steak, let me tell you.

Sunday I had a grueling practice. Part hungover from the night before, part sore from skating on the concrete Friday night, I didn't think I was going to make it. But my team rallied around me and by golly, I ended up kicking some ass. And well, too. We are so ready for the Championship this Sat., Oct. 11. I can't wait to play, it's going to be a great game. We also had a league meeting last night, not so much fun but very informative.

Next Sunday I plan on sitting on my sofa watching football, dog at my feet, cat on my lap, husband by my side, and I'm not moving alllllll day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home