Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Two words: DVD Player

My husband and I have a very nice DVD player. We used to use the Xbox until we finally spent the money to get a real one. It did a lot of things. I loved it. I enjoyed it. Now, if I want to watch a DVD, I have to put it in this crappy little portable DVD player we got last Christmas. If the thing is hooked up to the TV, it's no problem to operate. However, if my husband has unplugged it for some reason (which he does often), I can't get the damn thing to work. It sounds like a motorcycle while it's loading up, and the picture on the TV is elongated and distorted. We watched Lemony Snickett a few days ago and everyone had coneheads.

Why, do you ask, don't I use the DVD player? GOOD QUESTION!

I'll tell you. Because the DVD player at my husband's company broke down. That's right, so instead of this company going out and replacing it (which is the logical, professional thing to do), oh no, it was so much easier for him to take ours from home.

I mean, his company has a hell of a lot more money than we do. It only makes sense that they would spend theirs and leave ours alone. If they can buy a big-ass flat screen digital TV, they can fork over a couple of hundred dollars for a fucking DVD player, right? If they needed one that quickly, then one of the bosses/owners should have coughed up theirs. Yet, hubby gave them ours. That's makes a lot of sense, doesn't it?

And do you think we got reimbursed? HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

It wouldn't be so bad if this was a temporary thing, but I can pretty much kiss that DVD player, and the money that came out of OUR POCKET, goodbye.

I wonder how my husband would feel if he came home and found his office chair missing. Mine is pretty crappy at work. I could have my company replace it, but why - when I have a perfectly good chair at home? We have other chairs at home that he could use.

Yeah, and maybe I'll just give away that extra DirectTV receiver we have in the bedroom. We hardly ever use it. You know, the floor pillows my husband always uses would be really handy here at the office. We'd still have those crappy twelve-inch sofa pillows that don't cushion shit. Those are just as good, right?

I love my company and my job, but there is no way in hell I would give them, just GIVE them, something of mine that cost a nice chunk of money. My company isn't that down in the dumps and neither is my husbands. If his bosses can still go skiing, then they can cough up two hundred bucks for a DVD player.

But my husband doesn't understand this. "They needed it, an' we had one, so I just gaves it up, yuk-yuk."

Home and Work are separate for a reason. A company is paying you to spend time in their presence doing work for them. They should not require you to bring your items from home into their office in order to get your job done. If they need a DVD player, it is their responsibility to get one.

I may have well taken that money and wiped my ass with it.

1 Comments:

Blogger frangelico77 said...

Jee, that is stupid of him to give DVD player to his employer. Glad, my hubby isn't stupid. He agrees with me that you don't give things to work. Course if you have something special that only you use and it small(dvd player too big) and your company isn't expected to provide(unlike dvd player) then I would bring that to work for my personal use, (like my favorite pen). Course my hubby knows if ever did something like that I would hound him and he would never hear the end of it, until the item came home.

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home