Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Thursday, September 01, 2005

MOMENTS OF IDIOCY (echo-echo-echo)

So I go to my first class last night and as always, I'm way early. This is my Reading, Writing, and Grammar class. I've been looking forward to it because my grasp of proper writing etiquette is a bit lacking. Close to start time a Japanese fellow named Yoshi comes in and we start to converse. His English really isn't that great. Soon after, another oriental fellow comes in named JJ. Then a third, I didn't get his name because soon after his arrival the Professor came in.

She takes one look at me and says, "What are you doing here?" Turns out the class is for non-native speaking students. Yep, a bit basic for someone like me. So, with a red face and a smile, I quickly make my exit. Duh! I tried to enroll for another class but it was full, so I'm just going to take one class this semester, How to Audition. Hey, it's considered a public speaking class and if I want to find an agent one day, I'm going to have to know how to sell myself (and not like a whore, which I do pretty well, tee-hee).

As a bonus, I returned my textbooks for a full refund.

2 Comments:

Blogger xodiaq said...

You should have faked a german accent and then aced the class hardcore.

"Wow, Barbara, you are by far the most improved student! The Accent you had was so thick on day one and now there isn't a trace of it!"

1:41 PM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

That is a thought...

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home