Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Crap in the News

Oh, Jeez, Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are having a baby. Now that's all we're going to hear about for the next 12 years. I guess that baby being the spawn of Satan will also garner some interesting news. Baby's first pointed tooth, baby's first steps, baby's first Scientology virgin sacrifice...

Did you see this? A python ate a 6-foot alligator...and then it exploded.

People in or near St. Louis have lost their freaking minds. There is a 17 year old boy who raped and killed a classmate because "he didn't want to die alone." Funny thing, though, when it came to his death, he chickened out. Sometimes, we can't execute people fast enough. Then, this morning I heard about four bodies found in Belleville, IL. Three adults and a 19 week old baby. Now, when someone kills a baby, it's personal. There's a person with a grudge right there. They've arrested an ex-boyfriend of one of the girls. That explains it.

In cheerier news, tomorrow's my birthday! Last night I got home from work and locked myself in our spare room to type. I do this every Monday and Wednesday for two hours. That way I know I will write for at least 4 hours every week, more if time permits. Can't publish anything if you don't write it, y'know? So anyway, I come out of the spare in time to eat dinner. My mom calls and asks if I got anything in the mail that day.
"No."
"No? What do you mean, no?"
"No, I--"
At this point, my husband taps me on the shoulder and points to a box the size of a big screen TV shoved in a corner. "Oh, wait, I did get something today."
I open the box and buried in 3,728 foam peanuts is a camera. A digital camera. Also included is a memory card. YIPEE!! My very own camera. I don't have to worry about losing my husbands or trying to figure out how his works anymore. I played with it a little last night, but the battery was barely charged. So I brought it to work with me today. Not that there is anything here I need a picture of, but I have a new toy and I'm going to play with it, damnit.

I was very touched that my mom got me a camera. She knows now how important pictures are to me and to give me a gift like this was very special. Last night I was a little preoccupied and didn't get a chance to thank my mom properly. So, here you go, mom, a personal thank you across the internet for giving me such a wonderful present. I love you, oh, and 12 DAYS!!

I take care of several classes at my job and part of that job is copying exams. Today we have our first organic exam. Now, there are about 300+ students in this class. The professor teaching it this semester always makes an exam at least 12 pages long. So 300 x 12 = 3,600 pages. Our copier spits out about 24 pages a minute, so 3,600/24 = 150 minutes, that's 2 and a half hours 9barring any jams). I get off at 4:30 and he will probably get the exam to me at 3pm. Never fails. I don't get overtime. Aarg.

1 Comments:

Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

Thanks!

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home