Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Friday, September 30, 2005

Um, ladies?

So I'm walking over to the cafeteria to get a dead puppy (what I call the wraps served here, the size and weight of these things are similar) when I realize my shoes are eating my socks. You ever have a pair of shoes like this? My socks are your average female business socks but now they look like footies. The material is all bunched up under my arch and my heels are slowly becoming naked. I make it into line and yank them back up.

As I'm solving my sock dilemma I overhear the conversation going on in front of me between two young girls. They have to be freshmen. I can't help but eavesdrop, they're both yelling. Must be cheerleaders, too. One is talking about Byron and his apparent lack of picking up her "Do-me" hints.

"We hang out all the time. We have so much in common and get along great, but I can't seem to get past that point. Maybe he's not interested."
"But he calls you all the time."
"Yeah, and we're together every night, I just don't get it."
"Maybe he's playing hard to get, or he's just shy."
"Shy? HA! I just don't...oh, there he is now. BYRON!"

Byron walks over and I get a good look at him. Problem solved, the boy is gay. Then he starts talking. Totally gay.

They start talking and joking and I'm flabbergasted that this girl is flirting with Byron. Hello, totally clueless, this is totally gay, totally gay, this is totally clueless. How can she not see it? What man can pull off a multi colored scarf with that hair color but a gay man? Then he looks around and I know he's checking out the guys. He isn't making it subtle. Then he starts pointing other guys out. Hello!? I'm thinking she's thinking that he's pointing other guys out for her benefit, but all she's doing is looking at Byron with googly eyes.

There's a heartbreak just waiting to happen. Byron leaves, I get my dead puppy, and I fight with my socks all the way back to my office.

1 Comments:

Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

I don't have very good Gaydar, but this kid was oozing with gayness. All he needed was the Elton John gold/diamond sunglasses. Or was that Liberace? Anyway, on the Gay richter scale, this kid was a 8.9. How she couldn't tell was just beyond me.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home