Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

And the Fun Continues (Oh, yeah, that's sarcasm)

I had one hell of a weekend. I didn't post anything yesterday because I was still pretty pissed off by it.

On Friday my husband calls me and says he needs to go to the hospital. He's 30 minutes away from me and only 3 minutes away from a hospital, but he wants me to drive all the way there (during rush hour on a Friday before a holiday, no less) and take him to a hospital because he is in pain. Doesn't tell me what the pain is or what's going on, mind you, just that he's in pain. I finally convince him to not wait for me (because I had to stop and get gas on top of everything else) and then spend the better part of an hour living out my very worst fear/nightmare.

It turned out to be kidney stones, in less than 3 hours we left the ER. As far as he was concerned the terror was over.

Not so with me. I didn't sleep at all Friday night and Sat. and Sun. weren't much better. Just so you know doing that to someone you love is a SHITTY THING TO DO. So I've come up with a quick guide for those of you who ever find yourself in this situation.

If you are at work and suddenly find yourself in pain take the following steps:
1. Call a fucking ambulance.
2. If an ambulance is not needed, kindly ask one of your co-workers to drive you to the ER.
3. Meet with a doctor and find out what is wrong, how it can be fixed, and how long it's going to take.
4. Once the information in #3 has been attained, call your significant other and in calm tones tell him/her what is going on, where they can find you, and if your going to die.

Following these steps will save you and your loved one days of agony and months of therapy. Letting someone you love think that you are dying is a horrible, cruel, heartless thing to do. I know you may be in pain but that is no excuse to stop using your brain. You will also receive more sympathy and not resentment if you follow these simple steps.

The rest of the weekend was pretty much turned to shit after Friday's adventures. Isn't it close to being 2007 yet? 2006 has sucked balls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home