Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Monday, August 21, 2006

Beat on the Brat

I went to a 15th birthday party for my best friend's daughter, B, this weekend. Alissa also brought her 3 year-old son, A, who had not taken a nap that day. Those of you who have kids know what that means - little asshole in the making!

A was a complete terror. Alissa did the best she could to keep him in check, but if that had been my kid his little ass would have glowed in the dark once I was done with him. Which leads me to this question, what happened to physical discipline?

When I was growing up my mom and dad did not hesitate to smack, spank, slap, or even kick us when we acted up. It was because of this that I made sure to behave in public. Oh, I resented them for it and had my fantasies of returning the favor, but I knew that once I crossed the line there would be hell to pay. So I kept a close eye on that line. What happened to that?

I'll tell you what happened, a bunch of nosey-ass busy-bodies got together and started calling the police when a parent smacked their kid, making those who don't fear physical discipline fear their over-reaction. There is a difference between discipline and abuse, but those stupid bitches failed to see it. So now we have to deal with all the screaming and running around because no one wants the DFS called on them. Thanks, whores!

It doesn't help that most parent's heads have been filled with bullshit about the importance of their child's feelings and how a spanking will cause them to need therapy when they are older. Oh, boo-hoo, Mama hit me with a stick when I threw a tantrum. Waaaa, I got a swat when I poured jelly all over the floor. What a load of crap. Here's my theory - Children are like animals, they understand fear and pain. When they do something and it results in pain, they learn to fear it and, if the pain continues, stop it all together. That's the simplicity, folks. Hurt them enough and they will stop what they are doing.

But, oh, I'm being so mean! I'm a horrible person! Maybe, but my kid would learn there are consequences to his actions. My kid would know that if he crossed the line there would be punishment. Oh sure, he still might act up and embarrass me but he'd also get the spanking of a lifetime once he got home. See if he'd do it again.

Just to clarify what a spanking is to me - no less than 10 licks. Yep, maybe even more if the offense was bad enough. I want his ass to hurt. I want him to cry. I want him to understand that I have control and that he will do as I say, not as he wants.

(How many people are calling DFS on me? Remember, I don't have kids, BWA HA HA!)

This is the point I hope to make. If your spankings are bad enough your kid will do anything to avoid them. You may only have to spank the kid one or two times to get the message across. Isn't that better than fighting the same battles day after day after day? Year after year after year?

See, when you're a big pussy and don't discipline your kid in a physical way that kid learns you're full of shit. They don't fear you, and thus they don't listen to you. What are you going to do, put them in time out? Take away their favorite toy? That works for, what, 2 minutes, then the kid goes right back to doing what he was doing before.

By the time I was 7 all my mom had to do was look at me funny and I'd behave because I knew what was coming next.

I'm positive this method works. Why? Because we got Beo a shock collar. He would not stop pulling on the leash when we took him for walks. We did everything we could to try and get him to stop. Nothing worked. We got the shock collar and low and behold one, ONE shock and he got the picture. If an animal can understand the concept, so can a kid.

And yes, I did feel bad shocking him (just as I would spanking my kid), but I spoil him enough (as would I my child), so I'm not losing any sleep over it.

3 Comments:

Blogger DarthImmortal said...

I am glad somebody finally spoke up about this and told it the way it is. I get tired of watching bratty kids run around while their parents try to reason with the kid over the screams. I often think the parent is the one needing a good ass kicking. Then maybe that would trickle down to the kid.

I am at this Chinese restaurant a couple of weeks ago and these people bring in two little hell kids. These kids ran around the restaurant like it was Romper room, while the parents just kept screaming their names over and over again. Well I gave the dad a hard, dirty look and he finally got up and straightened out things.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Issy said...

I always said that I was so blessed to have such a great daughter that I would be cursed with the next one and have a heathen! Be careful what you wish for because that's exactly what God did to me!

My 3 year old needs an hourly whipping! I told him the other day that he couldn't have the window down in the car and would you believe the little shit said "Yes". He is only 3! He should not be that defiant at that young of an age. I should have pulled over and blackened his butt!

5:42 PM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

Revolt! I think it should be acceptable for us to punish other people's kids when it becomes obvious that they aren't going to do it.

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home