Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Vacation Ho!

I'm going to Savannah for my birthday. It's going to be so fun I'll say it again -- I'M GOING TO SAVANNAH FOR MY BIRTHDAY!!!

You might be asking, "What's so special about Savannah?"

Well, let me tell you. Savannah is the place where I learned to grow up. It's the place I found love with an extraordinary man and with a group of people who called themselves caterers. I learned the satisfaction of being dog tired at the end of the day but knowing I'd done a good job. I met a woman who would change my outlook on life and worked for the bitch for over a year (love ya!). I was also introduced to a way of life that I had never before experienced - laid back.

I learned the difference between rich and wealthy. I learned how to drink. I also discovered how beautiful a city can be by it's architecture and gardening. There is no style like old world style. I was let into some of the finest homes in the city and also hung out in some of the crappiest. And I found out what it is like to live near water. Standing on the beach next to an ocean is the definition of feeling small. It's a whole different atmosphere and for almost three years I was a part of it. Being in the South never really leaves you once you let it into your heart. I feel a piece of me is missing and I get it back in Savannah.

It's also a bonus to be able to stay with two really good friends who have a gorgeous house and pamper us completely. If I could take my job with me I'd move back to Savannah in a heartbeat.
That is why I'm so happy to be going back and I can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home