Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

So much to say, so much to say

Hello freaky darlings! Did you miss me? I am recharged for the new year! So glad 2006 is over.

First things first - Best. Christmas. Ever.

I have three Christmases. My husbands folks are divorced, so we have two on his side and one on mine. The first up was his Dad's side. The twins both brought their boyfriends this year. Kay's man is not at all what any of us thought he'd be. Wait, let me explain. Kay dated body builders and football stars. Big men, lots of muscle, not so much brain. The guy she's with now is a dead ringer for Kevin James. So we'll just call him Kevin. Kevin is a doll, very funny and very smart and very much in love with Kay. Jae, the other twin, brought Max. Max is yummy. He's from the Check Republic, has an accent, a very nice body, and adores Jae. He is such a fool for that woman. We had a really good time. Pops provided a very bountiful spread and a bottomless cooler. We watched football, ate, drank, opened gifts, ate, drank, and said our good-bye's (then ate and drank).

Next was my family. Issy and her son Ax come over so I had my whole family there for the holiday. We ate, we joked, we opened presents, and we drank. Ax and B-Butt were very good. Well, okay, B-Butt was really good. Just kidding, both kids were fine. B-Butt played Santa. I received heartfelt gifts from everyone that really meant a lot to me. My sister presented me with a bunch of picture frames, all with pictures of us in them. My husband and Issy helped her on that. I was ridiculously touched. Everyone was pleased with what hubby and I gave them. Money was tight for all of us, but we had the best Christmas.

The following day we went to hubby's mom's house. His baby brother still lives at home (baby being 20), and his other brother brought his girlfriend and his dog to the house. That puppy was so cute! We didn't stay very long but we did have a good time. I never feel completely relaxed around hubby's mom. This time I did. It was wonderful. Baby brother has really grown into quite a hottie! Any ladies out there between 18 - 22 who would like to meet a nice, if shy, guy give me a note. That's right, I'm pimping out the baby brother.

New Years came too quickly. I went to Issy's and again we built a bon fire that could be seen from space. It didn't last long, it had rained too much and the wind was horrible. So we all retreated into the house and continued with the festivities. There was only one black mar on the whole evening, Issy's deranged sister-in-law. She did this peek-a-boo thing at the end of the night that creeped us all out. She would leave the house and shut the door, then try and sneak back, open the door, and listen to our conversation. It may have worked - had the door not been in plain sight. We watched her creep up, open the door, and stick half her head through. Then she'd leave only to do it again. I would blame it on alcohol, but I've drank plenty in my day and never behaved like that. Sad. She needs to get away, I think being with her dead husband's family is helping her drive right over that edge.

2007 has been a blast so far! I hope it lasts. Ta, y'all.

4 Comments:

Blogger Issy said...

I had a blast with you too this holiday season! Not just opening presents, not just getting so liquored up that we can't see straight but just spending time with you was the small vacation that I needed away from the fam. Thanks!

1:40 PM  
Blogger DarthImmortal said...

I'm glad you had a good time over the Holidays. Happy New Year!!!

The sister-in-law might be the second coming of the chick in "Fatal Attraction". Sound over the wall creepy to me.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

I won't be ignored, Dan.

9:49 AM  
Blogger DarthImmortal said...

Yikes!!!!

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home