Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Friday, December 15, 2006

Too Damn Bad

I'm sorry, but those three climbers who are missing now have no one to blame for their deaths but themselves.

And they are dead, if not right now than soon. Because the fuckers packed as lightly as they could in order to make a two day trip faster. Uh-huh. Let's see, it's winter. Weather around mountains can be unpredictable. Getting rid of gear does make one lighter, but it also makes one fucked when the elements turn on you.

I think people who climb mountains are stupid. That is my opinion and I'm betting it isn't shared by many. That's okay, no one will ever have to call my family and tell them I died for no good reason. No one will ever have to worry if I'll come back from a short trip. I will never have to worry about keeping my health and life insurance. My family will never have to have this conversation:

"Why is Barbarian dead?"
"Because she had to climb a mountain."
"Why?"
"No reason, she just wanted to climb it."
"Didn't she love us?"
"Of 'course, but she had to climb the mountain."
"Why?"
"No reason."
"Didn't she want to see me grow up? Didn't she want to stay married?"
"Of 'course."
"Then why did she climb the mountain and throw it all away?"
"No reason."

How the family can be so optimistic, and so supportive, is beyond me. Instead of smiling for the camera's and acting like everything is going to be okay, I'd be like this:

"Are you happy now? You just had to climb the mountain. Now my children are fatherless and I'm a widow. Are you happy now? Was it worth it? You selfish sack of shit, if you do make it back alive you can find a new place to live. I'm divorcing your ass and finding myself a man who will put his family ahead of his stupid ambition to get himself killed."

Yeah, my sympathy pool is rather shallow when it comes to mountain climbers.

3 Comments:

Blogger Le Enigma said...

off work today!!!..YAAAAA!!..found a "new" killer "krunic" connection!!!..Life is sweeeeeeeeeet!!!..that's right..i agree..FUCK those climbers..dumb, piss any lil wannabe's!!..Your sooo right..it's Winter, so let's pack light!!..stupid idiot, tight wad MF's...hopefully not many of them "reproduced" but we all know they probally did....jerk-offs!!!..Why would anyone wanna climb a fucking mountain?..as he sits and contemplates if he should replace that 'screen' or not!!!!....SEE?..look what your missing?, dumb ass, half frozen, can't feel my toes, Climbers!!!!..it's called "thinning out the herd" folks!!!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

You drinking, too?

My opinion - change the screen. Nothing sucks worse than laboring for such little reward.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

12/18/2006 - 1 down, 2 to go.

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home