Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Monday, December 18, 2006

2006 Strikes Again

Where I go, so goes Issy. Most of you know how close we are. My mom and dad have a set of friends, another couple, who are just like family. Where they go, so go J & S. When I visit my folks in Alabama I always see J & S. They are like second parents. If I ever needed anything I'm sure I could call them up and ask for it - and get it. J & S are such good people one thinks themselves lucky to know them.

J's son drown in Hawaii yesterday trying to save the life of a 14-year-old boy and the boy's grandfather. They both survived, but J's son did not. He died a hero but I doubt that is great comfort right now. J & S will have to bury his son for Christmas and find a way to help his widow and four children. Yep, four. Now fatherless.

Life can be so unfair. I'm trying not to burst into tears here at work. My female co-workers would understand but my male co-workers would run themselves ragged trying to figure it out.

Today life just sucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home