Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Monday, March 26, 2007

Monday, Monday

I had a pretty good weekend. Yesterday I spent most of the day alone. Hubby went to the basketball game with his dad. Issy was going to call me once her boyfriend woke up. I never heard from her so I can only surmise he's still asleep. Maybe he's slipped into a coma.

I have a new satellite radio! Actually, it's my husband's old one. He has the new model now. I like it. No more crappy ass St. Louis radio for me. No more hearing Green Day and Chingy alllllllll day long. No more 20 minutes of commercial interruption. No more of the stupid, lazy, ignorant DJ's that plague this city. It also has a boom box so I can listen to it at work. But I can't use it - if I plug one more thing into my office I'll blow out a breaker. Oh well.

Spring has sprung! I know this as the one stubborn tulip bulb that refuses to die is in bloom. We have mowed it down, poisoned it, even plucked it out, and still it comes back every spring. It's dark pink. Very pretty. It's shown such a will to live that I can't do anything to it now. You have to respect that kind of tenacity.

Good day.

4 Comments:

Blogger Matto the Hun said...

Congrats on your new satellite radio thingy! I've grown to HATE the radio, same crap on every sation, same 10 songs ALL day long, and as you've said INGNORANT MORONIC djs that plague EVERY city.

I've very happy that A) my current contract job is close to home so i can walk to work and... B) as reward for scoring this job, in January, Mrs. The Hun bought me a Red iPod Nano (the Red because its part of the program that fights AIDS). The purchase of which is a great story.

But I am soooooo glad I don't have to listen to the crap in the car. So I feel you there!

So how come you guys what to mow down your pretty Tulip? Sounds like a "Barbarian" tulip to me. :P

10:31 AM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

It is in the same area as the tree we had to take out. Hubby mowed over it every time he mowed the yard, the tree people decimated that area, and I had hoped to place a garden there. That idea has been abandoned.

Barbarian tulip indeed!

12:07 PM  
Blogger The Grunt said...

It's funny; where I live it has been great spring weather, but on Wednesday we are supposed to have our biggest snow storm of the year. Bleh!

3:25 AM  
Blogger DarthImmortal said...

Once you get a satellite radio account you can also listen over the Internet. Instead of taking the boom box into work just point your browser at the URL and you’ll have more radio bliss to enjoy without the power loss.

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home