Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Plans

On April 28th and 29th the NFL Draft is going to take place. My husband lives for this weekend. He studies the draftees and makes his little charts, then watches the whole thing to see if he guessed right and so on. I myself have never seen anything more boring. To make us both happy my husband makes plans for me to be out of the house. Two years ago he planned the first Wonder Woman's Weekend and I had a blast.

This year he rented a beautiful room at a bed and breakfast in Hermann, MO. Hermann is wine country, they have about 9 winery in the immediate area. Stone Hill would be the biggest, they have a fabulous restaurant. Hubby made dinner reservations for me and my friend. The room itself has a hot tub and a fabulous view of the vineyards. A weekend full of wine and pampering in such a pretty area is exactly what I've been needing. There have been a lot of things I've needed to talk about and it would be so nice to just have me and my friend and endless bottles of wine. The spring flowers should be in full bloom, Hermann is going to be gorgeous.

I won't be there, however. My weekend got canceled.

So now I have to find something else to do. The NFL draft waits for no man, it's going to take place no matter what. I HAVE to be out of that house. I HAVE to get out of this city. And I am going to do it alone.

Hannibal, MO is having their "50 miles of Art" that weekend. They close downtown and have artists and their wares displayed on the streets. Food, music, art, and the like. They are also having the "Girl's Get-A-Way" weekend. All the shops, salons, and restaurants will have specials catered to women. Hannibal is only 2 hours away so I wouldn't have a long drive. The last time I was in Hannibal I had a great time.

There is also the Myrtle Beach option, but that's looking less and less likely. See, my friend from Savannah has a mother who lives there and she doesn't know if she'll have the weekend free.

If not I could just go down to Savannah. But I've been there and I want to have FUN. A 12 hour drive is just not the kind of fun I want to have.

I toyed with the idea of going to Alabama to visit my folks, but again I've been there and I want something new. Something different. Besides, my mom and dad have pretty much used up their vacation time and it's a 7 hour drive.

I don't know what I'll do, but I will do something. My husband so rarely says, "Here, take the credit card and have fun." I have to take advantage of this opportunity. He's going to glue himself to the TV no matter what. It will be so nice to leave everything and everyone behind and just enjoy myself doing...well, anything I want.

2 Comments:

Blogger DarthImmortal said...

This is a dilemma. You could always stay at a fancy hotel in the St. Louis area and just shop the entire weekend or see some St. Louis attractions. The Botanical Gardens, Art Museum, Jewel Box, The Arch and a host of other fun stuff possibly awaits you. This way you don’t have to waste time driving and you will still get to have some cultured fun.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

Seen it, done it, seen it, own the t-shirt. I'll find something, I'm sure.

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home