Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

I'm Baaa-aack!

Dallas was fun! Lace has the best apartment and really knows how to treat a guest. She and her man made my visit so much fun in so many different ways. They really are a cute couple.

We visited the JFK assassination site (sad), saw the Body Worlds exhibit (nice), and ate our way across the city. We went to this all-you-can-eat sushi place. I was in Heaven. We ate so much Lace and I had to forgo the salsa dancing plans later that evening.

Dallas itself is very new and shiny looking. Everything seems to be made out of glass or mirrors, I didn't see one Gothic building in the bunch. We went to the biggest Ikea I've ever seen - why don't we have one of these in St. Louis? Honestly? I was sad to leave but very happy to be home with my man again.

Right before I left I received some interesting news. It appears I may never have been able to have children. I went on the Pill at age 18 and didn't get of until last year. In four short months my girl parts have proven to be bad. I have to have a procedure (I'll spare the details) that will basically sterilize me. My doctor broke the news to me gently, adding sadly, "You may never have another period."

"Wait, I find I couldn't have kids, that I'm going to be sterilized, and I'll never have another period? What's the bad news?"

All in all it was a pretty damn good weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home