Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Friday, June 08, 2007

Barbarian Food Critic

Summer is here and with it a burning desire to look good in a swimsuit. I find myself eating a lot of salads this time of year. I discovered a BLT salad served at Growler's Pub that is worth every penny. The steak and arugala salad at the Macaroni Grill is good any time. Sometimes I'll even make my own salad combinations at Schnucks.

A while ago Hubby and I discovered a restaurant called Red Robin. They have damn good burgers, I recommend the Banzai Burger. Hubby is a fan of the peppercorn himself. Anyway, we went there recently and I just didn't feel like a burger. So I checked out the salads. I ordered the Apple Harvest Chicken Salad. Let me just say this: it is one of the best salads I have ever eaten. Lettuce, grilled chicken, almonds, apple slices, and goat cheese tossed with a tangy honey dressing with just a hint of brown mustard. Oh. Ma. Gawd.

It is so very yummy. Being the anal person I am I like a salad with a lots of chunks so every bite can be the same. Eating this salad was heaven. It was so delicious from the first bite to the last that I licked the Styrofoam to-go box clean. Oh, you know I took it home, they serve it in a punchbowl. All the ingredients were fresh, they don't make the salad and then let it sit there getting its nuts soggy. I am usually not a mustard person (I hate it) but the extra zip it gave the apples was perfect.

It's a bold salad, so if you don't like a lot of flavor you should probably move on to the cheese sticks. It's only there for a short time so hurry up. Ta.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home