Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Bad Day

Something is wrong with me today. I am in a foul, horrible, vicious mood and there isn't a reason for it. I have to get new tires today because I ran over a drill bit on the road yesterday. That's no big deal, really, but it seems to have started something...

I just bitched at my Dad for no reason, he was only trying to be funny. My husband is walking around on egg shells because he knows when I'm going psycho. I have been short and snippy with everyone at work. I don't mind being pissy when I have a reason, but this is really strange.

Since I am in this bad mood I think I'll share some of the thins that make me crazy any day.

I hate it when I ask a person a question, and instead of giving me an answer that person assumes I am asking for a different reason, then tries to answer that question instead.

For example: I ask the question, "Is So-and-so here today?" This is a yes or no question. However, the person I ask answers, "I don't think he has that report ready." What? No, is he here. It's yes or no, how fucking hard is it to answer yes or no? You don't know what I'm thinking, or why I'm asking, so don't ASSUME anything, just answer the damn question. Is. He. Here?

I also hate over-information.
"Is he here?"
"He had a 8:45 meeting and then he was going to go to the Med School for a while, but he should be in his car around 1:30 - unless he decides to go to this place in which case you can probably reach him around 3:30 or try him at home after 5."
I don't need his damn schedule, just answer the question.

Another thing that annoys me is people who want to tell you something but they want you to ask first. For example:
A co-worker of mine will come into the break room. She'll walk in real slow with a sour look on her face and then just stare at me. When I don't ask, "Gee, what's wrong?" she'll throw her papers down on the counter, give a big, suffering sigh, and maybe push a few buttons on the copier violently. She wants me to ask what's wrong. I still don't take the bait, so then she'll say something like, "I don't need this today." Here's where I'm supposed to ask, "Today?" But I don't. I grab my coffee and I get the hell out. It's a trap and I know it. I'll spend the next 40 minutes listening to her bitch about something I could give a rat's ass about. If you want to unload on someone just do it, don't try to be coy.

I also hate when people switch the topic of conversation....in their minds. They don't tell you they've switched topics and when you get confused they get bitchy, like it's YOUR fault they went from talking about grocery shopping to the national deficit in one sentence.

Oy. I hope this mood passes quickly because contrary to popular belief, I do not like being this way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home