Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Get Another Damn Job

It's been an interesting morning. At my work we have two janitors that have been with us for as long as I've been here, Dave and Savannah. They are great people, they work well and keep us running smoothly. I've been in their position, it's a crappy job, but they are two of the sweetest, most polite, and fun people I've ever met.

Today I get to work, and because I had derby practice last night, I took the elevator. My elevator is slow to begin with, but it took a ridiculous amount of time for the elevator to get to the ground floor. It opens and wa-la, it's full of trash. Nothing else, just trash. Trash + small space = stink. Dave would never have done this, something must be wrong. I ride to my floor and when the door opens I am face to face with a cleaning cart. Standing close to that cart is an older man bitching on his cell phone. He has one of those loud, gravely voices that carries.

I walked to my office, opened my door, checked my email, took a phone call, and was on my way up to the main office before he finally shut-up. Bitch, bitch, bitch. If he doesn't like being a janitor (and he doesn't, let me tell you), go get another damn job. All the while he was bitching the trash was taking a ride on the elevator, now it smells and will probably smell for the rest of the day. Thanks.

If someone can't do the simplest of jobs, how can they ever hope to advance? Emptying trash and sweeping floors does not take that much brain power. If one can't even do that well, where do they plan on going? Like the McDonald's worker who can't get an order straight, what else are they going to do if they can't tell the difference between a Big Mac and a cheeseburger?

Its obvious this guy doesn't want to work. He feels he's better than his current job, which is a shame because he really sucks at it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Issy said...

Issy's philosophy:

There are those that work and then there are those that do not.

I've found them everywhere! And the ones that "do not" usually spend more time and effort "not" than the ones that do!

1:44 PM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

That's the truth. Just get the trash out of the elevator, how hard is that?

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home