Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Friday, January 11, 2008

Rolling, Rolling, Rolling


I had an intense Derby practice last night. We worked on some drills that I had never done before.

Four girls, in a square, skate around the track, at every turn we rotate clockwise so that no one is in the front or back all the time. We also have to stay close together (during a game the object is to stop people from passing us).

So, skating, rotating, and staying in formation.

The ref added to this two Nerf balls, when he blew the whistle we had to pass the ball to a teammate, but not the teammate who passed it to us. We also had to call the name of the girl we were passing it to or the pass didn't count.

Skating, rotating, staying in formation, passing, and calling out a name.

To make it even more interesting while we were doing this our other teammates were throwing safety cones and shoes at us.

Okay, skating, rotating, staying in formation, passing, calling out a name, and avoiding hurled debris.

I was out of breath, sweating, developing a blister, terrified of falling (or falling and taking others with me), and resentful of the glee my fellow team members were having throwing things at me, but I have never felt so alive. I love Derby!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home