Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Good Morning, It's....

9 degrees today. 9! It was 5 when I got to work. We shouldn't have to work when it's this cold. We should have a 20 degrees or more policy. It's a damn shame that I have to get out of my warm bed so early just to hop into a freezing car that only warms up 1 mile from my stopping destination, then walk through a cutting wind to get to a cold-ass office. This is just not fair.

I'm a little bitchy today. I've had skating practice for the last three nights and I'm a bit tired. My skills test is Feb. 4th. In order to continue this roller derby journey and participate in fun skating activities I have to pass this skills test. There are 8 things I need to know how to do: a 2-knee drop, a 1-knee drop, a turn-around toe stop, a snowplow stop, cross-overs, a T-stop, jumping, and I have to get around the track 5 times in a minute or less. I'm not so concerned with executing these maneuvers as much as executing them well. At least I'm not alone, four or five other girls will be taking the test with me. I'm going to cry like a little girl if I fail.

Work has finally slowed down but now I'm faced with idle time. This sucks. I'm getting over my recent illness so that's a bonus. I plan to sleep, sleep, sleep this weekend.

2 Comments:

Blogger Issy said...

My god you test sounds hard! Good luck and hope you pass!

Yeah. . .this super cold weather is for the polar bears which is something that I'm not. When do we start going above 15? Did you hear that we are supposed to have 50-60 degree weather on Monday???? Welcome to good ol St. Louie. . .

9:28 AM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

Jesus, I'm going to stay sick until summer....when it will probably be about 200.

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home