Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Monday, March 24, 2008

What a Weekend!

It was a stellar weekend for the Barbarian, boy! Friday night me and the roller girls were invited to the City Museum to help with security for the Trip Daddys concert. Don, the owner, was very nice and is so easy to work with. He's recently opened the circus room on the 3rd floor to bands. Admission to the concert is free with the price of admission to the museum. There weren't a lot of people at the concert but it was 1) Good Friday,and 2) spring break. The best part was I could skate this time! The concrete floor was magnificent!! It was soooo nice skirting around the pillards and concrete barriers going as fast as I could. I loved it. The concert was nice but the Wheach beer from O'Fallon brewery was super-yummy. Wheat beer with a slight peach flavor. So good.

Saturday was the season-opener for the Roller Girls, Smashinistas vs. Stunt Devils. I was bout director for the first time and nervous as hell about it. Everything went off without a hitch! Man, it was so much fun. There was a fabulous VIP party beforehand that offered some tasty vitals (I snuck up there to mooch, it was a long night). We raised $451 from our raffle to give to our chosen charity, Safe Connections. Over 800 people came to watch. The Stunts (of whom I am a temporary member) kicked ass, the final score was 51 - 84. The after party was so much fun, I haven't danced like that in ages. Everyone had a great time, it ran smoothly, and my team swept the floor with the Smashinistas. My feet hurt, I was starving and tired, but I didn't care. I heard at the end of the party some fan stole our ice sculpture (?). Wonder what that was all about?

Then Sunday I got to concentrate on my friend Issy. She has finally broken through the wall of fog she's been living with the last 8 years and realized her boyfriend just might be a big 'ol piece of shit. It was nice talking to her and being able to tell her a few things I've been bottling up. They weren't easy to say, and I'm sure they weren't easy to hear, but we needed to get them out there. All the drama that she's been living with, all the useless stress.

Sunday night I fell asleep before my head hit the pillow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matto the Hun said...

That Roller Girls ting sounds like it was awesome. And you had a raffle for a charity, how could you possibly make it better?

What does Safe Connections do?

1:50 PM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

They offer help and counseling to women of past/present abuse (mental, emotional, physical, and sexual). They have one program, therapy through art, that sounds really nice.

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home