Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Monday, June 20, 2005

Today is Monday

I am glad to be at work. Yeah, I know, who in their right mind says that, and on a Monday, too? Me. I'm glad to be back at work because my job has air conditioning. The guy we gave a nice, fat check to was supposed to put our new air conditioning in Saturday, but he called to cancel because he chipped his tooth. No shit, that was his excuse. Now we're supposed to get it Tuesday, but I'm not holding my breath.

So last night I ate dinner in my bra. My husband snidely comments that it's wasn't that hot. I had just folded a basket of hot-ass laundry, after I had fried some hot-ass bacon next to a hot-ass stove. I was hot. Just because he wasn't didn't mean shit.

Since we had our Saturday free, we went on the Route 66 ride in Edwardsville, IL. It was a nice day and the path was good. I had thought that the worst thing a biker could face was headwind. Wrong. Headwind and gravel make a much worse predicament. I did 25 miles while hubby did 38. I felt pretty good afterwards, but hubby was done for the day. Next time I hope to do over 30. I have to get up to 75 by September. While I was riding I came upon a ranch. Two of the most beautiful horses I have ever seen were running back and forth, kicking their heels, and playing with each other. One was light brown and one was dark brown. The sun made their shiny coats sparkle. Their manes waved back and forth like water. They were perfect.

Back to work...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home