Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

(Insert Clever Title Here)

I'm taking an acting class this semester called "How to Audition." It counts as public speaking, but I probably would have taken it anyway. I enjoy acting. When I took my first acting class in 6th grade I brought home a report card with 5 D's and one A+. Guess what the A was in. Anyway, acting was a profession frowned upon in my household so I didn't get to continue my studies.

This class appears to be fun, but I've only had one class so far, so the jury is still out. I had to find three monologues for homework and tonight I get to perform all three of them. I am semi-nervous. Talking in front of people has never been that hard for me. Acting, well, acting is a bit different. See, I tried to do it on my own as a teen but I found something out: I can't act.

I'm horrible. Turn the light and camera's on me and I freeze up like a deer in headlights. If I'm just goofing around or performing for myself in front of a mirror, I bring the house down. Put me on stage and I become a block of wood.

Since my suckiness seems to grow with my age, tonight I get to see just how badly I've deteriorated over the years. Thank God there are only four other people in this class. Two skinny-ass girls in their early twenties, a young guy who looks like the illegitimate love child between Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey, and a stuffy Economics major who probably won't continue this class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home