Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Monday, December 05, 2005

It's A _______!

I am very happy to report that the Barbarian family is growing bigger. I have the distinct honor of becoming an Aunt again in about 8 1/2 months. My sister is pregnant. For right now B-Butt seems happy about it, but oh, is his little world going to change.

I hope it's a girl. I was Christmas shopping last weekend and there are sooo many cute things out there for girls. Why didn't they have half of that crap when I was growing up? Oh, wait, I wouldn't have worn it anyway....no matter, I still hope it's a girl. The only bad thing about this is that my sister will be very pregnant during the summer months and thus, all of us will be miserable.

This is a blessing on more than one level. Three years ago on Christmas Eve the son of my sister's fiance died in an auto crash. He was 9. It has been a very hard road for poor M since his son died, the prospect of having another child is a welcome event. Not that he treats B-Butt like anything but his own child! He's my nephew's Daddy through and through. But having another voice in the house again will help in the healing. Even if that voice starts crying at 3am.....

So that's my good news for the day. Take care, all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matto the Hun said...

Congrats on your impending niece-phew. I hope it all goes well!

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home