Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Monday, March 27, 2006

Overheard Conversation

Working in the chemistry department at my big-time University means that I am surrounded by the crem-de-la-crem of nerds. Today I witnessed this:

Nerd #1 and Nerd #2 are walking down the hall together. Nerd #1 asks Nerd #2, "Did you get my email?"

Nerd #2 stops and pulls out his cell phone. He scrolls through it a bit, then says, "No. What's it about?"

Nerd #1: "That NMR problem."

Nerd #2: "No, I didn't get it. When did you send it?" To which Nerd #1 pulls out his cell phone and scrolls down, "9:42 this morning."

Nerd #1: "Send it again."

Nerd #2: "Done."

They both put their phones back into their pockets and walk away...in silence!

1 Comments:

Blogger Matto the Hun said...

I'm impresed that you can remember that they said "The NMR problem". I wouldn't have remembered that if I was trying to tell this tell.

Oh.... yeah, thats fucked up. How can two supposedly very smart people be so dim.

People are so attached to their handheld electronic do-hickey-ma-thingies.

The people where I work are always walking around with their heads down and reading or typing away on their Blackberries.

Makes you realized they went overboard on The Matrix film. The computers didn't need to create the Matrix to enslave humanity. They have most of humanity enslaved already here in the real-world.

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home