Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Monday, April 24, 2006

Good Times

Yesterday was a good day. Alissa's son was celebrating his third birthday. I went over early to help Alissa set up. Good thing because she had 147 chores and one hour to do them. I decorated, which I just love doing, then helped with all the other things that needed to be done. I can't believe Alissa was left alone with all those chores to do. Afterwards we had just enough time to sit and have a drink before people started showing up.

Alissa's Aunt and Uncle were first and they are a hoot! They are the nicest people and so funny. I felt like I could be myself with them and that helped a lot as I don't feel that way around Alissa's mother. Hmmm, I don't think anyone does. None the less, by the time AJ's daddy got home (he just HAD to get a haircut - that lasted for an hour) the rest of the family arrived the festivities began. Alissa made a ham (yum), her mother brought some cheesy potatoes (yum-yum), and her sister-in-law brought these to die for rolls. I ate until I popped. Alissa put my guts back in and we continued on to the cake. AJ opened his presents and then we all headed to the barn to see the new baby chicks. Have you ever had a chicken lay an egg right next to you? Just up and *squirt* an egg? It's an odd thing.

Finally the relatives left and Alissa and I were alone to relax. It was a good time. I felt like I belonged. Hubby was away in IL dogsitting for his cousin, so I didn't have to hurry home. Once I did get home I submerged myself in a hot bath and then fell into bed. All in all a really good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home