Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Friday, April 14, 2006

My Big Event

Today I am hosting a big event for my department. It is a happy hour welcoming the faculty, grad students, and postdocs of the biology department. I have been putting this together for the last two months and today is the day. I'm nervous. I rented out the impressive gallery in our new chemistry building, ordered a butt-load of food, a keg, and have a few students helping me set up. Last night I kept see-sawing between, "I have too much food," to, "I don't have enough food." I'm worried no one will come and then I'm worried too many people will come. Oy, I haven't felt like this since I worked for SCAD in the events department, only then I wasn't in charge.

If I pull this off I will climb up another step on the ol' company ladder. That isn't the main goal, but it sure is a perk. The only mistake I made was today is Good Friday. I guess only the pagans will show up. Oh well, they're a lot more fun to party with anyway. It will be a long day for me but I don't mind. I could be doing a lot worse.

Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home