Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Great Moments in Bitchery!

Boys and girls it is now time for another installment of Great Moment in Bitchery! We take you back several years to the early 1990's, the start of the grunge movement and the beginning of my 20's.

I had met a guy, we'll call him Dick, on the streets of Delmar one sultry summer night. He was living with a friend who lived in one of the fashionable lofts near the Loop and invited me over for dinner. It was wonderful! His friend was much older and a widower. He had traveled all over the world and knew how to cook. We ate, drank, and had a lovely time. Dick and I saw each other often during that time, I even let him crash at my place one day when he was too drunk to drive home. He paid me back by taking me out to dinner. Such a nice Dick.

Then I got a call from my bank saying that someone had tried to forge a check of mine. What?! I went to the bank and received black and white print-outs of the video surveillance. A black man and woman had walked into my bank, taken out a book of my checks, and tried to cash one. Luckily the teller was one smart cookie and noticed the signatures didn't match. This begs the question of how they got my checkbook...I mean I'm the only person in my apartment....my checks are hidden....no one had time alone in my apartment....except for that one time that....DICK!

I drove straight to the loft, parked my car, and knocked on the door. The widower answered and I barged through the door, ran up the stairs, and burst into Dick's room armed with the video images. "Friends of yours?" I yelled. Dick didn't seem to know what I was talking about. Funny how he couldn't look me in the eye. Then I showed the pictures to his friend. He didn't say anything to me, but by the way his face turned purple I assumed he knew more than he was saying.

I found out two days later that Dick was homeless. Guess that's what you get when you steal from your friends.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matto the Hun said...

Moral of the story... other people cannot be trusted, stay away from them as much as possible.

But you likely know this ;)

11:09 PM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

I do now. Except now I trust no one. When those little girls show up selling girl scout cookies I turn the hose on them. You ain't gettin me!

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home