Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Daddy's First Try at Nail Clipping


Okay, so Daddy thought it would be a good idea to clip Beo's claws as they are getting rather long. I have a skirt with a big hole in it due to those claws and we both have bruises. Daddy reads the instructions that came with the claw clippers. He gets puppy in a comfortable position, angles the clippers right, makes that snip -- Oh shit!

Beo bled like Nicole Simpson. Our kitchen looked like a crime scene. We tried putting neosporin on it but the blood washed most of it off. We bandaged it, taped it, and then covered the paw with a sock so Beo wouldn't chew at it.

Daddy felt AWFUL! As you can see from the photo Beo can give a mean "guilty" look. My poor baby. Both my babies. After three hours we took the sock, tape (that was fun), and bandage off. Luckily the bleeding stopped and Beo didn't have any physical or emotional scars. Not so sure about Daddy...

We'll cough up the cash to go to a groomer next time.

3 Comments:

Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

I'm just glad it wasn't me. I did that to the cat once and carried him around all night just so he wouldn't put any weight on it. I can't do that with Beo. Hubby has gotten over it finally.

11:32 AM  
Blogger frangelico77 said...

Ahh, poor Beo. That picture is priceless. Yes take him to the groomers, just a nail trim isn't much. my babies go to the groomers every 6-8 weeks, but of course being poodles, they need a lot more done then just nail trims. I cut my own hair and not go to a hairdresser just to be able to afford to take them to a good groomer.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

Now THAT is a good pet parent!

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home