Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Friday, June 16, 2006

I Score!

My father is very hard to buy for. He doesn't have a whole lot of hobbies and he's picky. So this Father's Day I managed to get something that I hope he'll like.

When I was little my dad read Conan the Barbarian comic books. He kept them in his bathroom, so I would always use his potty so I could read the comics. Hey, I was little, it didn't occur to me to remove the comics from the bathroom. Anyway, we would talk about Conan and all his exploits after I read the latest story. He even took me to see "Conan the Barbarian" in the movie theater, just him and I. Because of this Conan has a very special place in my heart. It's something that Dad and I shared between us, almost like a secret because my mom and sister weren't so enamored.

So this year I sent him two bound volumes of Conan the Barbarian comics. Robert Howard is dead, been dead for a while, so I hope he likes them. Others carry on the Conan legacy, but nothing is ever as good as the original.

Mom - don't tell! Dad should get them in the next day or so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home