Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Monday, September 18, 2006

It's a Monday all right.

Traffic this morning was unbelievable. Why are we stopped, there's nothing wrong! If you go I go and the people behind me go. That's how it works.

This weekend was fun. Alissa and I rented a car to take her daughter to homecoming. When I went to the rental place they didn't have a Dodge Charger (we hoped to get one), so I picked up a cute little 4-Runner. It was nice, I liked sitting up so high, but I knew Alissa would be disappointed. Hubby and I dropped the 4-runner off at the house and went grocery shopping. When we got back there was a message on the machine from the rental place - a Charger had come in! I drove like my ass was on fire to get it. It was white, pretty, fast, and it was all mine.

Now, I don't get all googol-eyes over cars. I like the really old ones, like from the 20's. So today's high octane engines do nothing for me. I could care less if we had the Charger but Alissa was all atwitter. Oh, don't get me wrong, it drove nice and I liked the attention we received from it, but I dropped it off this morning with little regret. Alissa is now saving up her pennies to buy one of her own.

I went to her house last night and M, her boyfriend, wanted to drive it. NOT ON YOUR LIFE! That boy in a rental? That he's not responsible for? In the rain? On the back roads of the country they live in? I don't think so, the temptation would have been too great. As it was he wanted me to burn rubber out of their drive-way so he could see what kind of power it had. Have you ever heard of anything so retarded? I bet all the men reading this are going, "Well, yeah, what's wrong with that?" Oy.

Photo's to come.

4 Comments:

Blogger Issy said...

Already gone to Enterprise's web and checked out what they have. There's only one in Charleston, WV that has the engine that I want and the color. For the price though, I can order one of a little cheaper I think. I was shocked that he wanted to help out wiht the purchase of one!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

But of 'course, bet I know who wants to drive it around, too, and it ain't you.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Issy said...

He can't give me the truck. It's a stick and "I'm just too dumb to drive it". He didn't say that but that's my dumb blonde excuse to keep from having to learn to drive a stick. I'll put my foot down on that one!

3:06 PM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

Hee-hee.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home